Some interesting facts I stumbled on via the Whirlpool Corporation Fact Sheet:
- Of the products we make, more than 80 percent of those sold in the U.S. are made in the U.S.
- Whirlpool exports approximately 12 percent of its U.S. made products to other countries.
- 7,500 jobs that support our global operations are located in the U.S.
- Additional exported products help fund additional U.S. investments.
- Each year Whirlpool Corporation spends more than $7.4 billion to operate its nine U.S. plants and keep its approximately 15,000 manufacturing employees at work.
- Whirlpool employs more U.S. manufacturing workers than all of its major competitors combined.
Remind me again why we’re looking at Whirlpool appliances for our kitchen?
Made in America = Rare
Made in America = Pride
Made in America = Whirlpool